Police & Fire Departments
Baxley Police Department
Chief of Police, James Godfrey
Service to the Community
The Baxley Police department strives to provide a safe and secure hometown for the citizens of Baxley. By sponsoring innovative community based programs, we try to maintain a sense of trust and cooperation with the people we serve.
With our school system, the Police Department sponsors the Drug Awareness Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.) Program and provides School Resource Officers for the Middle and High Schools.
Always ready to serve, the officers of the Baxley Police Department are dedicated men and women who make a difference in their community. The Police Department welcomes your input, ideas and suggestions.
Contact the Department:
James Godfrey, Police Chief
Office Hours 8:00am- 5:00pm Monday - Friday
560 Barnes Street Suite C
Baxley , GA 31513
For Emergencies please call 911
Fire ProtectionBaxley Fire Department Fire Chief:Trampis Carter
Assistant Chief: Stephen Wolfson
Captains: Jerry Thomas & James Hayes
The City of Baxley provides fire service to all residents of the city and those living within a five-mile radius of the intersection of US 1 and US 341. The Department consists of all paid employees and the ISO rating for the city is 5.
The Baxley Fire Department has fire drills on Tuesdays at 7:00 PM. This is the only scheduled time that anyone will be present at the fire station. If you need a fire report or to contact a member of the Baxley Fire Department, you may contact City Hall for assistance.
The department has implemented the following initiatives to reduce the residential and commercial fire rates.
- Yearly visits to Appling Co. Schools Pre –K – second grade distributing fire prevention literature, coloring books, hats, pencils etc. along with teaching fire prevention and personal fire safety.
- Established Baxley Fire Department Ladies Auxiliary to assist promoting fire prevention and awareness in the community
- Provides pre-fire plans for various businesses in the community
- All fire hydrants are marked with blue reflector markers
- Fire hydrants are on a scheduled maintenance plan
- Participate in a mutual aid agreement with all county fire departments and adjoining city and county fire departments.
- All employees are State of Georgia Certified Firefighters and participate in classroom and hands-on training under a certified fire instructor
- Extended fire suppression lines and hydrants to rural areas
- Maintain hazardous materials inventory for local businesses and industries
- Participate in all Emergency Management Drills